||One thing that I have learned is the
importance of using jigs whenever possible. I didn't have a lot of
extra foam laying about so I made my jigs out of particle board. I cut
them out with the bandsaw with a new blade. The new blade made all the
difference and completely removed the 'wandering' problem that I had
experienced before. The foam was cut with a table saw. Always seems
funny to use such a powerful tool for foam but it sure is fast and
accurate. Always a pleasure to use the right tools.
||Just a little detail of the plywood
inserts. They turned out fairly nice. Once again, the new blade in the
band saw made all the difference.
||Using the correct tools gives good results. Go figure.
||I forgot to take pictures during the assembly of the heating
duct, the transition tube and the installation. The transition tube was
much easier than I imagined that it would be. I used electrical tape as
shown on other web sites and it was perfect. It conformed to compound
curves well and did not stick to the fiberglass. For the seat belt
anchor (al tube), I learned from past experience and ground the tube
ends at a matching angle to the rounding of the corners on the heat
duct. This allowed the fiberglass to conform much easier to the foam
without the formation of air bubbles. Still have not yet added the
tapes to the side of the heat duct to secure it properly to the floor.
In this picture, it is only being held in place with flox.
||At last, enough of the plane is finished to make the zoom, zoom noises.