Author Topic: Kanab R.A.C.E.  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Joe Dubner

• View Profile
    • RV 227JD
Kanab R.A.C.E.
« on: August 03, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »
I hope everyone got the word on the correct dates for the Kanab R.A.C.E.   It's *NOT* Sep 1-3.   The correct dates are:

Arrive Saturday, Sept 2nd
  Event Sunday, Sept 3rd
  Depart Monday, Sept 4th

Here are the full "Five-W's" of the event:
# who? contact me for more (and I'll give you Char Spencer's number)
# what? Canard aircraft fly-in, fly-out, and cruise (no longer a race).
# why?  Fun.  No fame, no fortune.
# where?  Kanab, UT
# when?  see above
# how?  motel reservations at Aiken's Lodge: (800) 790-0380

See http://www.geocities.com/canardcovers/RACE.html for info on *last year's* event.

I fly an O-235 Long-EZ.  Last time (Jackpot) it got real lonely during the "cruise" with all the VariEzes and O-320 Longs out front.  Speaking only for myself here, I'd like to cordially invite all O-235 Long-EZs (so I have someone to play with :-) except the really fast ones (like Bob E. :-)

--
Joe
Joe Dubner
Independence, OR
Aircraft with APRS:
http://209.237.86.241/cgi-bin/everyone.cgi?aprs=1

Offline Jeffco

• View Profile
kanab
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:57:38 PM »
Hey Joe;

I may try and make it out there, I also fly a 0235 Long ez and she's a little slower than most.  Working out some minor maintenance issues but should have them done.  I am at Hawthorne just southeast of LAX.  Are you in the San Diego area ?  Will keep you posted on my progress with the maintenance issues.

Jeff Gabrielson
Long ez N141
Jeff
Long ez N141

Offline Jeffco

• View Profile
Kanab R.A.C.E.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »
opps. just saw you address, Lewiston Idaho.  Sorry.  Maybe I will see you there.

Jeff
Jeff
Long ez N141

Offline Reb Wallace

• View Profile
    • ultralightdreamcatchers
Kanab R.A.C.E.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
I am planning on flying to kanab for fly in am a new eze driver who can i contact for info. could not get info from web site posted. would appreciate any info  :roll:  ps am flying a varieze 0-200 out of lake havasu

Offline Joe Dubner

• View Profile
    • RV 227JD
Kanab R.A.C.E.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 07:22:11 AM »
Quote from: "Reb Wallace"
Iwho can i contact for info

For information on dates/times/accommodations/other activities, etc. it would be best to telephone Char Spencer.  I'm hesitant to post her number here but Email me (jdubner at yahoo dot com) for it (or I'll answer your questions if I can).

For information on the cruise or timed event or non-race or whatever it's called now, Email David Orr: canardfinder @ att.net

Hope you'll fly up; I think it'll be a lot of fun.  Last year there was a hike in the nearby red rocks and this year there'll probably be a fly-out lunch to Bryce Canyon.  There's always dinner at a local fixture called Nedra's (I think) and the locals are glad to see us and the airplanes.

--
Joe
Joe Dubner
Independence, OR
Aircraft with APRS:
http://209.237.86.241/cgi-bin/everyone.cgi?aprs=1