Author Topic: Quickie  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Dave in Eugene

• View Profile
Quickie
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:31:40 AM »
Has anyone flown a Qucike? Not much information on the web about their flying charactoristics that I can find. Safety issues.

I met a gentleman named Gene who is going to fly his for the 1st time (Lebanon Oregon) shortly and talking to him and looking at his plane sparked my interest.

Any thoughts out there?

Dave
408 EZ Long EZ 0235-L2C / Great American 62X62 / IFR / GU canard

Offline 2muchepoxy

• View Profile
Quickie
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
There is a very active message board at Yahoo groups on the Quickie. See:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/

It is my impression that this is a airplane that is best to get some advice and help with before a first flight.

Offline Dave in Eugene

• View Profile
Quickie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »

Offline Jack

• View Profile
Re: Quickie
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »
Quote from: "Dave in Eugene"
Has anyone flown a Qucike? Not much information on the web about their flying charactoristics that I can find. Safety issues.

I

I have well over 500 hours in one and that was 99% of the time with the underpowered but reliable Onan motor.  You need the Rotax with it's power to be safe.  The 18-20 HP output of the Onan kept you on the edge of safety for power requirements.

Inflight basic canard bird.  On the runway it feels like a freaking gokart and it can get dicey, especially with those scrub brakes.  It's a basic day VMC bird and don't get real far from the runway.

Make damn sure if running the Onan you have the spring on the throttle at the carb in case the throttle cable breaks.  Mine did and I got lucky and it went towards full power and after that Quickie came out recommending the spring.

When we first installed the Rotax and I did some runway testing. Tis a real shocker to have to hit left rudder with the P effect from some serious HP.

Jack

Offline Dave in Eugene

• View Profile
Quickie
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 11:06:43 AM »
Jack,

How much would could I expect to pay for an excellent example of a flying Quickie?

Thanks for the response!

Dave

Offline zig-1

• View Profile
quckie
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »
there is a nice one on Barnstormers for 12.5k. It's a nice two place one. bill
How much would could I expect to pay for an excellent example of a flying Quickie?

Thanks for the response!

Dave[/quote]

Offline jany77

• View Profile
quickie
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 11:56:18 PM »
hi after selling all stuff for long ez and varieze i decided build q-1 its more simple than long ez and varieze ,you need just half of foam ,epoxy,fabric all just half im planing use some engine aorund 60hp at least i build fuselage in 8 weeks just on fridays and saturdays all hardware is same like most longez and varieze you can buy good cd with plans templates and other good info on
http://quickiesource.com/