Author Topic: Gear squat switch  (Read 2989 times)

Offline GlennBob

• Eph 2 : 8 & 9
    • View Profile
Gear squat switch
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:26 AM »
Gentlemen,

Anyone know a good place to get a squat switch for a " gear unsafe " light set up ?  I have looked at Spruce and Wicks but didn't see what I need.

Glennbob
N600EZ  O-320-E2A,  Hertzler prop, Trio AP, Narco HSI, Custom headers, Oil heat.

Offline Waiter

• View Profile
    • http://www.iflyez.com
Gear squat switch
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 07:11:18 AM »
I used a small microswitch that had a long arm on it. I mounted the switch so that when the nose gear was down and just went overcenter, it would open up the contacts.

The gear switch was wired in series with another switch that was mounted on the throttle. When the throttle was all the way OFF, the throttle switch would MAKE. If the gear was not down, the horn would blow.

This is a url to Jameco  

http://www.smallurl.info/?r=1uw

Hope this helps a little

Waiter
LongEZ-RG   >>    N961EZ
O-320 160hp  >>    MT Constant Speed Prop
F-16 Performance, On a Piper Cub Budget
www.iflyez.com

Offline GlennBob

• View Profile
Squat switch
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:04:01 AM »
Waiter,

I figured out how to wire the switch.  What I needed to know was where to get the switch.  Thanks for the link ! !   That helps alot ! !

Glennbob
N600EZ  O-320-E2A,  Hertzler prop, Trio AP, Narco HSI, Custom headers, Oil heat.

Offline GlennBob

• View Profile
Gear squat switch
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
I eventually used a couple of microswitches available from Radio Shack.  Some folks don't like using their stuff,  but if you're careful,  some of it's o.k.  

As it turns out, this is the system that is in the original plans.  Works great ! !

Glennbob