Author Topic: linear actuators/electric gear source.  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Britguy59

• View Profile
linear actuators/electric gear source.
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:54:23 AM »
Just got a Steve Wright nose gear kit (He delivered personally as he was in my area). Got to see his Stagger EZ.  Not fully fitted yet, but looks like a straightforward job. Nicely put together, no complex skills required, great quality.
I found an Ebay source for actuators and bought a 4 inch one for less than a hundred bucks that looks great. plenty strong enough and light. I connected to power and ran it back and forth, should be an easy fit to make the brake electric. If interested, will post details.
Martin Hulme, Zephyrhills Florida.

Made it to Oshkosh 2011.

Offline EZRider

• View Profile
actuators
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »
Where did you get the actuator.  Any pictures?

Thanks
WWW.Longez209.com

Offline Britguy59

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:36:05 PM »
Just an Ebay store called wizardautomotive. They have a pic or I can take one. I havn't started installation yet, but will prob post something on it. I want to promote more recent postings on these things as many are from history using hard to find parts. I personally like the unit, its light and functions very well on the bench. Auto stop limit switches built in.
Will follow up. Price bid $98 or buy it now for $104. I have no connection with the store outside of buying from them.
Martin Hulme, Zephyrhills Florida.

Made it to Oshkosh 2011.

Offline rglos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »
Try this web site.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/default.php?cPath=79&osCsid=c1f4b37d70921b61076927fc46886779

Read the specs carefully

The actuators come in different force ratings and each have different times to extend and retract.
Long EZ, 0-235L2C, 1986