Author Topic: Navaid autopilot  (Read 6066 times)

Offline pharroah

• View Profile
Navaid autopilot
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »
Anyone know how to contact Navaid?   My autopilot is acting crazy and the phone number on their website is disconnected.  Are they still around?   Anyone have experience with uncommanded full left when wing leveler activated? 

Offline 2muchepoxy

• View Profile
Re: Navaid autopilot
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:37:54 PM »
Navaid went out of business in April of 08.

You have several options. 1) buy a trio autopilot head. They are compatible with the navaid servo and will sell just the head. 2) find someone who bought a trio head and wants to sell their working navaid head. 3) fix you navaid head. Motor failure appears to be a common problem and the motor can be replaced by a capable person. I hate to send anyone over to the dark side, but the best place for info on this is on the forums section of vansairforce.com . Do a search for navaid and you will get a lot of info on this.

Offline pharroah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Thanks.   I had just gotten off the "dark side" site when I read your post.   I'm overdue on a total panel upgrade and will probably just wait til that happens instead of messing with this AP.   

Offline Juan Rivera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
I have a navaid auto pilot and servo that I have removed from my airplane when I installed the trio autopilot.  If you want to stay with the Navaid contact me.
1juanrrivera@att.net