Author Topic: Fuel Flow  (Read 3484 times)

Offline rorsolits

• View Profile
Fuel Flow
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »
Anyone rememebr what the fuel flow should be with the fuel linedisconnected at the carb.  I remember a link I found once detailing this but cant find it now.
Thanks
Rob
Eracer 361
Eracer in Waiting

Offline BILL2

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Flow
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:35:12 AM »
Try this link, http://www.cozybuilders.org/Canard_Pusher/ ,  CP54, page 3, details are for long EZ but method should be similar.

Offline rorsolits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »
Thanks Bill thats what I needed!
Eracer in Waiting

Offline maha22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:14 AM »
Assuming it has the Lycoming IO-360 rated at 200 hp, I would go with 10 gph. This is what most pilots use for the purpose of flight planning But, as you know, the exact gph will vary due to altitude and with each engine. To get an exact number, check the fuel flow gauge while at altitude during your checkride prep flight, and then you'll have an exact gph to give the DPE if he asks. If your Arrow doesn't have a fuel flow gauge, then use 10 gph. If your DPE does asks, tell him your using 10 gph for the purpose of planning. If he questions it, tell him that your erroring on the side of caution by using a slightly higher number than what you normally get because the worst thing that would happen is you arrive at your destination with extra fuel. And remember, don't talk yourself into a corner by bringing it up without him asking you. Answer questions with the minimum amount of words as you can and sound confident. DPEs are more likely to keep the oral portion short if you sound like you know what your talking about.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:22:57 PM by admin »