Author Topic: Flying in SoCal  (Read 9377 times)

Offline Joe Dubner

• View Profile
    • RV 227JD
Re: Flying in SoCal
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
Are you still in AZ?
If you have to ask, you're missing the point of APRS tracking <g>. 

But I'll give you a clue: see www.mail2600.com/cgi-bin/position.cgi?call=N821RP and work with the "All Tracks" and "More" buttons for specific tracks.  If you're savvy with a web browser you'll also find other APRS-equipped canard aircraft such as Marc Zeitlin's N83MZ, Don Denhard's N93EZ, and James Redmon's N97TX.

But yes, I was successful in avoiding the Class B airspaces (and the unseasonable SoCal weather).  Alas, it was cold in Arizona most of my time there too and I had a devil of a time getting back into western Oregon.  Fortunately, Don Denhard came to the rescue and put me and my airplane up in Columbia for a couple of days after I made it as far north as Yerrington, NV before running out of VFR minimums.

This link www.mail2600.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=N821RP&start=2012-12-27&stop=2013-01-20&elim=0 (or TinyURL equivalent tinyurl.com/aut9vjb) will show the whole 19 hours of flying time.  Don't be afraid to zoom and pan; it's a Google map.  Caution: the 1202 position reports may bring your computer (and my mail2600.com server) to their knees while being rendered.  Just wait for it ...

--
Joe

Joe Dubner
Independence, OR
Aircraft with APRS:
http://209.237.86.241/cgi-bin/everyone.cgi?aprs=1