Author Topic: Thanks from New EZ driver  (Read 2548 times)

Offline jhicks

• View Profile
Thanks from New EZ driver
« on: July 27, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to write a little "thank you" note to the canard community.
Since I was a kid I have loved the canards. Really started reading and learning what I could when I was 14 in 2004.
I have spent way too much time watching all the EZ video's on youtube, as well as finding all the build logs on the web.
Spent the last few years "tire kicking" for the right EZ project. Starting a career and having to move across the country has left me on
quite a budget but this past April I finally became an EZ owner. I bought a flying Varieze from a gentleman in WA state, and with the help of several friends in the EZ community
it made it back to TX in April.

Thanks to all the guys who have put up with my "Searching for an EZ" threads. A lot of networking and searching paid off.
If it wasnt for the kind EZ community, my dream of having an EZ probably wouldn't have happened.

Special thanks goes out to Joe Person. Who spent a few days orienting me with my new airplane and doing the pre-buy. Having someone as knowledgeable as him sure made my life
easier when it came to looking the airplane over.

David Adams who was the first EZ friend I made back in 2011.

Rene Dugas who gave me my first canard ride in his Velocity in 2014

Burral Sanders who has let me hangout at his shop and learn about the composites

Also a shout out to Bill James, whom till this day still spends countless hours with me on the phone with my questions and idea's.

I now have almost 80 hours on the plane. From WA to TX... TX to OH.. TX to OSHKOSH!
Been quite an adventure for a little Varieze around the Country so far.

Thanks to whoever I am forgetting. Again, if it wasnt for the EZ community none of this would have been possible.

Even made it to OSHKOSH in my new (to me) Varieze. First time the plane had ever been. It was quite a treat for sure.

Blue Skies.
Jamie Hicks

(FYI, if there is any interest I can do a thread on my plane and what I have done and plan to do.)
"You never win, You always lose, You have to play."
Anonymous

Offline flyingwaldo

• View Profile
Re: Thanks from New EZ driver
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »
You certainly hooked up with many of the best there is in our world!
Have fun,  be safe.  Come to Columbia and Arlington!

Offline LongEZDaveA

• My Long EZ at Oshkosh 2008
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks from New EZ driver
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »
Jamie,

I'm always glad to help.  Sure you should start a thread about your aircraft.  Tell us what you plan on doing.
Dave Adams, Long EZ N83DT (Race 83) Villa Ridge, MO