Author Topic: Message Reply Help Please  (Read 2288 times)

Offline marku8a

• View Profile
Message Reply Help Please
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
I received a message from a member and want to reply. The reply requires that I answer the question "What flies slower than a Long-EZ?". I made a few guesses thinking that the system is trying to verify a human is responding but no luck. It's looking for the "correct" answer.

Will some one please tell me the correct answer to the question "What flies slower than a Long-EZ?" ?

Mark
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:46:11 PM by marku8a »

Offline flyingwaldo

• View Profile
Re: Message Reply Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »

New users - READ THIS message BEFORE REGISTERING to get your account approved

on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:08 AM

QuoteModifyRemove

This forum has at times in the past been overrun with spammers and we are trying something new
to eliminate them. 

When you register the system will ask you a question that makes no sense. The answer is the word duck. Without this answer you cannot register. 

Offline dorr

• View Profile
    • http://www.canardfinder.com
Re: Message Reply Help Please
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
What an amusing question.  Depending on Engine, the Long EZ flies down to about 57 mph, when it starts descending (not stalling).  Again, depending on engine the Long EZ flies around 200 mph in cruise.  That is a speed range of 143 mph.   So if the question is what flies at a slower speed before stalling, the first answer is that the Long EZ doesn't stall, but ignoring that safety advantage, virtually all the training planes, common commercially built planes and all the sport planes have flaps and can stop flying at a lower speed.  As to high cruise speed, virtually all the factory planes under $200,000 fly slower than the Long EZ...  Amongst canards, those with vortex generators on canard and wings can eek out a few more miles per hour on the bottom end, and fly a little slower on the top end.  The heavier Canards don't fly as slow as the Long EZ, and depending on engines, they may be slower or faster...in cruise.   I'll stay away from efficiency....another great advantage...
David A.C.Orr
"Beagle"
www.canardfinder.com