Author Topic: PSRU  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Mikeos98

• View Profile
PSRU
« on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:04 PM »
Can anyone recomend a psru for a mazda 20b rotatry? I am looking to put on on the project I am going to take over.  Please advise.

Offline dorr

• View Profile
    • http://www.canardfinder.com
Re: PSRU
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:10:54 AM »
I can list the guys who have Mazda Rotaries for you, (I also worked for Mazda for 22 years) and I can list those with the 20B engines I know about.  They may have some advice.  My advice is that auto engines, great for cars, are so experimental that Burt Rutan preached against them (after working with Bede where the lack of a good aviation engine ended the popularity of that aircraft).   I track people who build and finish and fly and it is pretty clear that auto engines add about a year to the build, adds months and reconfiguration time to the test period and cause more dead sticks than the Lycosaurus, as the auto group prefers.  Sadly, they also end up in the for sale columns, dropping in price well below the Lycoming engined ones, sometimes down to half of the O-320 Long EZs.  I also find that people who hear my advice ignore me on this one.  So I don't mind listing all the Mazda rotary guys or just those with the 20B.   More than the other auto engines, cooling that engine is a unique challenge...

David Orr
David A.C.Orr
"Beagle"
www.canardfinder.com

Offline Tom Mann

• Velocity N951TM
    • View Profile
    • Mann's Airplane Factory
Re: PSRU
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:51 PM »