Author Topic: Anyone using the Jeff Rose Electronic Ignition  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Lesclark

• View Profile
Anyone using the Jeff Rose Electronic Ignition
« on: February 14, 2006, 06:12:11 PM »
My Tac quit working. It was the one that Jeff Rose sold with the Electronic
Ignition. It was an "Equus" automobile Tac that I believe was altered to use with his system. Any Ideas of a replacement for this. Jeff is out of bussines.
Thanks
Les Clark
IZA

Offline Joe Dubner

• View Profile
    • RV 227JD
Re: Anyone using the Jeff Rose Electronic Ignition
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »
Hello Les (and welcome to ez.org),

The Electroair ignition system is still being sold (http://www.electroair.net/)

While I don't have specific knowledge of that particular ignition system, I do know that J.C. Whitney sells an Equus tach and that some EZ-flyers use or have used them (notably Gary Hertzler).   Gary gave me one which I disassembled and modified to include a divide-by-four circuit so it could use a direct P-lead pickoff but I did not feel the quality of the unit was acceptable for my use and I shelved it.  If you need it, I will "unmodify" it and send it to you.  I also traced out the schematic and if you are so inclined, perhaps you can use it fix your own unit.  Contact me at jdubner@yahoo.com

BTW, I flew into Santa Ynez last Sunday.  Saw the Flying Fish (John Fisher) briefly as I was getting ready to depart.  What a gorgeous place to be based!

--
Joe
Long-EZ 821RP
Lewiston, ID (but currently in SoCal)

Quote from: "Lesclark"
My Tac quit working. It was the one that Jeff Rose sold with the Electronic
Ignition. It was an "Equus" automobile Tac that I believe was altered to use with his system. Any Ideas of a replacement for this. Jeff is out of bussines.
Thanks
Les Clark
IZA
Joe Dubner
Independence, OR
Aircraft with APRS:
http://209.237.86.241/cgi-bin/everyone.cgi?aprs=1